New Panther + chain [patent pending]. The + stands for additional line markings on the top plate of the tooth which helps give a visual guide to the angle you are sharpening at but more importantly it helps you judge the tooth length in relation to the other teeth on the chain. One of the hardest things to do with a chainsaw chain [without a guide] is to ensure each tooth is the same length and the same angle as all it’s brothers. If not cutting becomes inconsistent, vibration increases, the teeth that are longer take big bites of the wood and dull faster.
- P stands for Panther
- + stands for Panther Precision sharpening system [or lines on the top plate!]
- 325 = self explanatory – it is .325 chain
- 050 = gauge of chain is .050[1.3mm]
- L = Chisel Chain [because the letter L looks like the profile of a chisel chain]
- G = Guarded Chain [it has the bumper drive link for smoother cutting and reduced kick back]
Part number becomes P+325-058-LG then the number of drive links.
Need more info on chains? Click our guide here and get stuck into this truly boring [but useful] subject!