24″ Ecomill. Based on the old Alaskan Mill design this mill is for those on a budget and looking to start their chainsaw milling career. Or maybe you’d like a back up mill to take the tops off logs. It will handle chainsaws with bars from 16″[40cm] to 30″.
- 16″[40cm] bar will give a 8″[20cm] cutting width
- 18″[45cm] bar will give a 10″[25cm] cutting width
- 20″[50cm] bar will give a 12″[30cm] cutting width
- 24″[61cm] bar will give a 16″[40cm] cutting width
- 28″[71cm] bar will give a 20″[50cm] cutting width
- 30″[76cm] bar will give a 22″[55cm] cutting width
What size chainsaw do I need?
The bigger the better! You can mill with a longer bar on a smaller chainsaw by switching to a Lo Pro set up. Set ups are varied and you will need to do some research to see how to get the most out of your saw.